- This event has passed.
Intuitive Painting with Music
16 Feb 2019 @ 14:00 - 17:3035€
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WORKSHOP CAN NO LONGER BE BOOKED.
Let’s take a break from collage and working with images and instead dive into colors and forms with intuitive painting with music!
This workshop is about the experience of the painting process itself, about letting go of expectations in a free space of experimentation. Like a child you can trust your intuition, return to your sense of play and curiosity and in turn come to listen to the expressive language of your heart through colors and forms. Painting to Music will help you to listen to both your heart and your painting.
The workshop is inspired by Flora Bowleys “Brave Intuitive Painting Process”
There are no mistakes or rules here. Everything is a step towards what will rise to the surface as you You’ll be transforming your canvas with every layer, which is part of the evolution and which will inspire you naturally to take the next step in your creative expression.
We will start with some fun warm-up excercises to let go of the fear of the blank canvas. In addition, I will demo for inspiration and give you some painting prompts to boost your creative confidence. No previous painting experience is required.
What to bring to the workshop:
- a large canvas or pressed canvas board or large, thick paper (200-250gsm; at least 50 x 50 cm)
- acrylic paint in the primary colors red, yellow, blue and green, plus white & black (the more variety of colors you have the more fun, but I will show how to mix different colors with these basic ones)
- large and small brushes, round and flat ones, at least one of each (don’t worry if you only have a couple of brushes, I paint a lot with my hands, they are a great tool as well!)
- an old rag or paper towel
- a large plastic bag for transportation of your finished canvas
Make sure to wear old clothes or an apron to protect your clothes from the paint.
We will paint on easels – you can sit or stand while painting.
I will provide palettes, water containers, additional brushes, metallic paint and a variety of mark-making tools, like sponges, etc. to experiment with.
Just have fun and enjoy the journey!
EARLY BIRD PRICE UNTIL FEBRUARY 8th: 35 EUR, after Feb 10th: 40 EUR
The workshop will be held in German and English.
P.S. you might also enjoy my blogpost about intuitive painting with watercolor here